from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of oozing forth.
- n. An exudate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of exuding
- n. something that is exuded
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of exuding; sweating; a discharge of humors, moisture, juice, or gum, as through pores or incisions; also, the substance exuded.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of exuding; an oozing or sweating out; a gradual discharge of humors or moisture.
- n. That which is exuded: as, gums are exudations from plants; serous exudations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a substance that oozes out from plant pores
- n. the process of exuding; the slow escape of liquids from blood vessels through pores or breaks in the cell membranes
Sorry, no etymologies found.