Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of dismembering, or the state of being dismembered; the act of tearing or cutting in pieces; severance of limbs or parts from the main body: as, the dismemberment of an animal or of a country.
- n. Severance of membership; a breaking off of connection as a member.
- n. countable The act of dismembering.
- n. uncountable The state or condition of being dismembered.
- n. countable Removal from membership; detachment from an organization, group, etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of dismembering, or the state of being dismembered; cutting in piece; m�tilation; division; separation.
- n. the removal of limbs; being cut to pieces
- From dismember + -ment. (Wiktionary)
“But yes, when not having a choice and just being plain evil, decapitation and dismemberment is the entertainment of the day!”
“If graphic, violent dismemberment is permitted and even celebrated in video games, then why is rape considered completely off-limits?”
“Much of our comments debate about RapeLay over the past few days has revolved around one question raised by many: If graphic, violent dismemberment is permitted and even celebrated in video games, then why is rape considered completely off-limits?”
“And this act of dismemberment is poised under the art of free speech.”
“The country in an advanced stage of dismemberment is Belgium.”
“Finally, for a Druid holiday celebration, attend the art happening at the Steve Allen Theater to observe "the ritual known as the dismemberment of the bull.”
“Do you agree with the author that his dismemberment was an attempt to purge himself of "unsavory" thoughts and deeds?”
“They consequently have a morbid fear of dismemberment, which is why I devised this punishment as a means of discouraging rebellion among the Indian slaves.”
“Grey called the dismemberment of European South Africa.”
“(sometimes called a dismemberment of ownership) was a constituted right in the property of another, whereby the owner was bound to suffer something, or abstain from doing something, with respect to his property, for the utility of some other person or thing.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dismemberment’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
The stranger, the better.
Human body sheddings, secretions, and offscum. Sometimes we gotta exuviate!
off the gound is a list of eye booger words made by trivet.
Concepts that I hate to think about, and other stuff that should just GO AWAY.
Looking for tweets for dismemberment.