from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of reuniting.
- n. The state of being reunited.
- n. A gathering of the members of a group who have been separated: a high school reunion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process or act of reuniting.
- n. A planned event at which members of a dispersed group meet together.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A second union; union formed anew after separation, secession, or discord
- n. An assembling of persons who have been separated, as of a family, or the members of a disbanded regiment; an assembly so composed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of reuniting, or bringing back to unity, juxtaposition, concurrence, or harmony; the state of being reunited.
- n. Specifically A meeting, assembly, or social gathering of familiar friends or associates after separation or absence from one another: as, a family reunion; a college reunion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of coming together again
- n. a party of former associates who have come together again
re- + union (Wiktionary)