from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of reuniting.
- n. The state of being reunited.
- n. A gathering of the members of a group who have been separated: a high school reunion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process or act of reuniting.
- n. A planned event at which members of a dispersed group meet together.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A second union; union formed anew after separation, secession, or discord
- n. An assembling of persons who have been separated, as of a family, or the members of a disbanded regiment; an assembly so composed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of reuniting, or bringing back to unity, juxtaposition, concurrence, or harmony; the state of being reunited.
- n. Specifically A meeting, assembly, or social gathering of familiar friends or associates after separation or absence from one another: as, a family reunion; a college reunion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of coming together again
- n. a party of former associates who have come together again
Their US tour (all 3 weeks of it) started in Boston on Sunday and according to Boston. com, their reunion is a rocking affair.
That is what they call the reunion of all religions.
Young's mother, 46-year-old Nellie Young, says her son went to the club Christmas Eve for what he described as a reunion of employees and patrons.
The SSPX coming into the fold would hopefully introduce another and helpful orthodox cell into the Body, and I for one pray that reunion is accomplished.
On the other hand, this latest reunion is for a HomeAway ad campaign which is set to launch during the Super Bowl on February 7, 2010.
I feel, of course, that the Rose/Ten reunion is the only way to go in the show.
Reruns of "Leave It to Beaver" transformed Mrs. Billingsley into what was often described as "America's second mom," and she reprised her role in reunion shows, including "Still the Beaver" in the 1980s.
Oh, and my 20th high school reunion is this month, too, if I make it.
We realize now the reunion is not a success and prosperity pissing contest, that no one really cares whether you have a nice car and/or a kickass job or not, they just want to see you and pictures of your kids and tell funny stories about the days when we had Trans Ams and summers off.
This only reminded me that my 20 year reunion is this year, and that I left a lot of people behind when I graduated.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.