from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Water that inundates land at flood tide.
- n. Water affected by the tides, especially tidal streams.
- n. Low coastal land drained by tidal streams.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Water affected by the flow of the tide, especially tidal streams
- n. The seaboard
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. low-lying coastal land drained by tidal streams
- n. the coastal plain of the South: eastern parts of Virginia and North Carolina and South Carolina and Georgia
Sorry, no etymologies found.