from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The middle or interior part of a country or region.
- adj. Of or in a midland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The region of a country not near the borders; the interior.
- adj. Resembling or relating to the interior region of a country.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Being in the interior country; distant from the coast or seashore.
- adj. Surrounded by the land; mediterranean.
- n. The interior or central region of a country; -- usually in the plural.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The interior of a country: especially applied to the inland central part of England, usually in the plural.
- Being in the interior country; distant from the coast or sea-shore: as, midland towns; the midland counties of England.
- Surrounded by land; inland; mediterranean.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the interior part of a country
- n. a town in west central Texas
- adj. of or coming from the middle of a region or country
Sorry, no etymologies found.