American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Biology Of, relating to, or forming a nucleus: a nuclear membrane.
- adj. Physics Of or relating to atomic nuclei: a nuclear chain reaction.
- adj. Using or derived from the energy of atomic nuclei: nuclear power.
- adj. Of, using, or possessing atomic or hydrogen bombs: nuclear war; nuclear nations.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to a nucleus; having the character of a nucleus; constituted by or constituting a nucleus; endoplastic.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. of, pertaining to, or using nuclear weapons.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or powered by atomic energy; same as nuclear-powered.
- adj. Of or pertaining to nations possessing nuclear weapons.
- adj. of or relating to or constituting the nucleus of a cell
- adj. constituting or like a nucleus
- adj. (weapons) deriving destructive energy from the release of atomic energy
- adj. of or relating to or constituting the nucleus of an atom
- From nucleus + -ar. (Wiktionary)
- From nucleus. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Tehran reacted strongly to claims by the French president about the nature of Irans nuclear activities, insisting that nuclear weapon has no place in Irans defense doctrine.”
“VIEW FAVORITES yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Tehran repudiates Sarkozys claims'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Tehran reacted strongly to claims by the French president about the nature of Irans nuclear activities, insisting that nuclear weapon has no place in Irans defense doctrine.”
“VIEW FAVORITES yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Iran cites Israeli nuclear activity as example of world\'s hypocrisy'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Tehran says stringent IAEA inspections are unfair as Israel not partner to non-proliferation treaty, and claims western countries practice \'nuclear apartheid\'.”
“·undertaking nuclear hazard / fault identification studies (HAZOP / FMEA) ·nuclear qualitative and nuclear quantitative hazard assessments”
“While the global cooling caused by superpower-on-superpower war could be catastrophic hence the term "nuclear winter" a small scale war could have an impact on the world climate, says National Geographic.”
“NBA Commissioner David Stern used the term "nuclear winter" to describe a decision that could produce a protracted court battle and cost the sport and its fans, arena workers and nearby restaurant staffs the entire season and perhaps beyond.”
“When you work the word Iran into a sentence, you also have to work the word nuclear into a sentence and that's when this becomes a potentially more significant and more serious issue.”
“Sorry, Mr. President, but there is a dimension of fear properly associated with the word nuclear that is not matched by any oil spill.”
“For many, the term nuclear power still calls to mind Three Mile Island and Chernobyl.”
“George Bush's initial use of the term "weapons of mass destruction" grouped nuclear weapons with mustard gas, creating a level of societal confusion so widespread that even Zakaria uses the term nuclear weapons as if it were synonymous with weapons of mass destruction.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘nuclear’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
The most frequent words in the titles of mathematical books and journals (www.sciencedirect.com)
Use these and get promoted
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Futuristic words for the atomic age!
Words that sound weathered and archaic.
This list, the one shown below this very message, is a collection of words that you cannot begin to fathom how much I adore. The list will also feature atithesis and contrasting words such as the t...
words that pique my interest either by meaning, pronunciation, or spelling, and words that otherwise tickle my fancy!!
This is a list of academic words for students learning English as a Second or Foreign Language. It includes 570 word families that often appear in academic texts. It does not include words that are...
Very basic words for ESL students.
Looking for tweets for nuclear.