from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having one or more extra sets of chromosomes: a polyploid species; a polyploid cell.
- n. An organism with more than two sets of chromosomes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having more than the usual number of complete sets of chromosomes in a single cell
- n. a cell or organism that has more than the usual number of complete sets of chromosomes
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (genetics) an organism or cell having more than twice the haploid number of chromosomes
- adj. of a cell or organism having more than twice the haploid number of chromosomes
Sorry, no etymologies found.