from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Nucleated.
- transitive v. To bring together into a nucleus.
- transitive v. To act as a nucleus for.
- transitive v. To provide a nucleus for.
- intransitive v. To form a nucleus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a nucleus; nucleated
- v. To form (into) a nucleus, or to act as a nucleus
- n. Any salt of a nucleic acid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a nucleus; nucleated.
- transitive v. To gather, as about a nucleus or center.
- intransitive v. To form into a nucleus or multiple nuclei.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To form into or about a nucleus.
- To form a nucleus; gather about a nucleus or center.
- Having a nucleus: as, a nucleate cell; nucleate protoplasm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a nucleus or occurring in the nucleus
- v. form into a nucleus
Sorry, no etymologies found.