from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having only one nucleus: a mononuclear cell.
- adj. Chemistry Monocyclic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a single nucleus
- adj. monocyclic
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a single nucleus; uninuclear: as, large mononuclear cells.
- n. A cell with a single nucleus; a uninuclear, as distinguished from a multinuclear, cell.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having only one nucleus
Sorry, no etymologies found.