from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having two or more atomic rings in a molecule.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having two or more rings of atoms in the molecule.
- n. Such a compound
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having many rounds, turns, or whorls, as a shell.
- In electricity, noting a system of electric distribution by alternating currents, in which the energy maxima of the flow of power of the different circuits overlap so as to give a total flow of power of constant intensity. This is the case in a symmetrical or hemisymmetrical polyphase system. See polyphase.
- In chem., containing more than one atomic ring in the molecule.
Sorry, no etymologies found.