American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Consisting of or having two cycles.
- adj. Botany Composed of or arranged in two distinct whorls, as the petals of a flower.
- adj. Chemistry Containing molecules consisting of two fused rings.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or having two circles; specifically, in botany, in two whorls, as the stamens of a flower.
- Relating to or connected with bicycles.
- adj. Having two cycles.
- adj. chemistry Having two rings of atoms in the molecule; the rings may be fused, as in naphthalene, or separate, as in biphenyl.
- n. chemistry A bicyclic compound.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Relating to bicycles.
- adj. having molecules consisting of two fused rings
“In this case the monoid is called the bicyclic monoid and we can implement it as follows:”
“These are described as bicyclic (due to their structure) polyketide lactones and identified as polyrhacitides A (1) and B (2).”
“In the main, these are bicyclic and tricyclic sesquiterpenes-hydrocarbons, alcohols, and carboxylic acids.”
“The Camomila extract also contains a bicyclic acetylenic ether which causes some toxicity as a result of its spasmolitic properties.”
“The resins are nonvolatile mixtures of bicyclic terpene acids, esters, and related structures that are insoluble in water but soluble in organic solvents.”
“This work, carried out between 1882 and 1906 showed that various substances, little known at that time, such as adenine, xanthine, in vegetable substances, caffeine and, in animal excrete, uric acid and guanine, all belonged to one homogeneous family and could be derived from one another and that they corresponded to different hydroxyl and amino derivatives of the same fundamental system formed by a bicyclic nitrogenous structure into which the characteristic urea group entered.”
“As the first of its kind, it derisks the concept of miR-targeting and the bicyclic chemistry as well.”
“One of the technologies that has enabled this profile are the bicyclic nucleic acid chemistries such as locked nucleic acids LNAs.”
“Here we report the mode of action of theonellamides, bicyclic peptides derived from marine sponges.”
“Ingestion of a dted 25 cialis imperial levitra libidus viagra yohimbe dose of bicyclic estomago bioengineer has infarcted ping of the mouth, esophagus, and stomach; nausea; sweating; and light-headedness.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bicyclic’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
A hodgepodge, jumble, jambalaya, *gallimaufry, circus and tent revival of plant anatomy and morphology terms and phrases - its a big tent, and no tickets are required.
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for bicyclic.