from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of or having two cycles.
- adj. Botany Composed of or arranged in two distinct whorls, as the petals of a flower.
- adj. Chemistry Containing molecules consisting of two fused rings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having two cycles.
- adj. Having two rings of atoms in the molecule; the rings may be fused, as in naphthalene, or separate, as in biphenyl.
- n. A bicyclic compound.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to bicycles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or having two circles; specifically, in botany, in two whorls, as the stamens of a flower.
- Relating to or connected with bicycles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having molecules consisting of two fused rings
Sorry, no etymologies found.