from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or being a molecular structure that contains three closed rings: a tricyclic molecule.
- n. A tricyclic antidepressant drug.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having three rings of atoms in the molecule.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., consisting of three rings or closed chains of atoms (usually o. carbon) united together, with any other atoms united to those of such rings. See tricyclic system.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of norepinephrine and serotonin and thus making more of those substances available to act on receptors in the brain
Sorry, no etymologies found.