Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Indicating equal weight or pressure, especially the pressure of the atmosphere: in the latter use equivalent to isobarometric.
- In mathematics, having all terms of equal weight.
- n. In thermodynamics, a line or surface of equal pressures; an isobar.
- adj. having the same pressures, masses, or densities
- adj. physics (of a thermodynamic process) having a constant pressure throughout
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Phys. Geog.) Denoting equal pressure
- isobar + -ic (Wiktionary)
“The Weather Bureau at Washington relies greatly on these isobars for statements concerning local and distant weather forecasts, any shift in isobaric lines showing change in atmospheric pressure.”
“This in a measure accounted for the slight thickness of ice and snow, for the isobaric lines would slope, and consequently what wind there was would flow towards the interior of the archipelago, whose surface was colder than the surrounding ocean.”
“ROCKFORD, Ill. (June 25, 2010) - Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, today announced the expansion of its isobaric tandem mass tags product line with the new Thermo Scientific Cysteine-Reactive Tandem Mass Tag (cysTMT) Reagents.”
“PolarView is a fully-featured GRIB weather viewer supporting wind, isobaric pressure, wave contours, temperature.”
“The PX energy recovery device uses the principle of positive displacement and isobaric chambers to achieve extremely efficient transfer of energy from a high pressure waste stream, such as the brine stream from a reverse osmosis desalination unit, to a low-pressure incoming feed stream.”
“Specifically, he will head the development of the company's industry-leading Pressure Exchanger ™ (PX ™) isobaric energy recovery devices, advanced liquid turbo solutions, cutting-edge ceramics applications and all other energy-transfer technologies.”
“Proteome Sciences and Thermo Fisher Scientific have already been working together following the licensing of Proteome Sciences' isobaric mass tagging reagents.”
“The system was then simulated for 20ns with 2fs time steps at 300K, also in the isobaric-isothermal ensemble.”
“Equilibration was for 600ps in the isobaric-isothermal ensemble.”
Looking for tweets for isobaric.