American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Botany Not cyclic. Used especially of flowers whose parts are arranged in spirals rather than in whorls, as in magnolias.
- adj. Chemistry Having an open-chain molecular structure rather than a ring-shaped structure.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, not cyclic; not arranged in whorls. Applied by Braun to flowers that have a spiral arrangement of parts, when the spiral turns made by each class of organs are not all complete, iu distinction from
hemicyclic, where all are complete.
- In dynamics, not having the property of whirling or moving in circles.
- Irregular in course; not occurring with normal periodicity.
- In chem., containing no cycle or ring: said of organic compounds which contain no ring of atoms.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Bot.) Of a flower, having its parts inserted spirally on the receptacle.
- adj. (Org. Chem.) Having an open-chain structure; aliphatic.
- adj. not cyclic; especially having parts arranged in spirals rather than whorls
- adj. having an open chain structure
- a- + cyclic (Wiktionary)
“The basic model creates acyclic graphs because old nodes never link to new nodes.”
“In later versions of the model, some rewiring was also introduced to make sure that the graph that is generated is not acyclic.”
“There was the handmade paper phase, the hand-bound journal phase, the acyclic paint phase, the scrap booking phase, the Fimo clay phase, the beading phase, the homemade head band phase, the hemp jewelry phase, ACK!”
“The question is, using the current algorithm, will the final acyclic graph be different if this cycle resolution was done ahead of time?”
“Listed are several of these oxidizing reactions. alcohol dehydrogenation aldehyde dehydrogenation alkyl/acyclic hydroxylation aromatic hydroxylation deamination desulfuration”
“Researchers report in the recent issue of Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research that they've found a way to coat Kevlar with a potent substance, acyclic N-Halamine, that can kill infectious agents, including bacteria, viruses and the spores that cause anthrax.”
“They use directed acyclic graphs and associated probability distributions to construct causal models.”
“In directed acyclic graphs, nodes doubly represent variables with a range of values and occurrences with a range of possibilities, and links doubly represent structural equations and causal parenthood.”
“Reply obviously standards must be developed adn adhered to in order to improve the disjointed tracking of of the non primary secondary tertiary etc conversation graph. i'm amazed we've suffered through this primitive system so long already. we need multi-directional acyclic graph mechanisms that span trackbacks AND comments. wake up people! dav”
“Since these sets must be acyclic, i.e., no element in a causal set can causally precede itself, CTCs are ruled out a priori.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘acyclic’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for acyclic.