from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to an atom or atoms.
- adj. Of or employing nuclear energy: an atomic submarine; atomic weapons.
- adj. Very small; infinitesimal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to atoms
- adj. Of, or employing nuclear energy or processes
- adj. Infinitesimally small
- adj. Unable to be split or made any smaller
- adj. Said of an operation that is guaranteed to either complete fully, or not at all.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to atoms.
- adj. Extremely minute; tiny.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to atoms; consisting of atoms.
- Extremely minute.
- In client., existing in the condition of isolated atoms of the same kind; not united into groups to constitute molecules: as, for example, active oxygen at the instant of its separation from hydrogen dioxid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or comprising atoms
- adj. (weapons) deriving destructive energy from the release of atomic energy
- adj. immeasurably small
Sorry, no etymologies found.