from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing two replaceable hydrogen atoms.
- adj. Of or relating to salts or acids forming salts with two atoms of a univalent metal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. (of an acid) containing two replaceable hydrogen atoms
- adj. (of a salt) having two atoms of a univalent metal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having two acid hydrogen atoms capable of replacement by basic atoms or radicals, in forming salts; bibasic; -- said of acids, as oxalic or sulphuric acids. Cf. diacid, bibasic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as bibasic.
Sorry, no etymologies found.