from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to ants.
- adj. Of, derived from, or containing formic acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to ants.
- adj. Of, pertaining to or derived from formic acid (or from methane).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or derived from, ants; ; in an extended sense, pertaining to, or derived from, formic acid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, produced by, derived from, or characteristic of ants. Also formicic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or containing or derived from formic acid
- adj. of or relating to or derived from ants
From Latin formīca, ant.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin formica ("ant"). (Wiktionary)