from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Too minute to be seen with an ordinary microscope.
- adj. Of or relating to an ultramicroscope.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Too small to be seen with an ordinary microscope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Beyond the power of a microscope to make visible; too small to be seen with a microscope.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. too small to be seen without an ultramicroscope
Sorry, no etymologies found.