from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having possession/ownership of one or more slaves.
- n. An owning of one or more slaves.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Holding persons in slavery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Holding or possessing human beings as slaves: as, slave-holding States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. allowing slavery
- n. the practice of owning slaves
From slave + holding. (Wiktionary)