from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A seacoast.
- n. Land near the sea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The area bordering the sea; a coastline.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The seashore; seacoast.
- adj. Bordering upon, or being near, the sea; seaside; seacoast.
- adv. Toward the sea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The sea-shore; the coast-line; the sea-coast; the country bordering on the sea.
- Bordering on or adjoining the sea.
- n. Naval, a board laid out in squares representing a fixed distance, upon which models of vessels made to the same scale as the squares on the board can be manœuvered in playing a naval tactical war game.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the shore of a sea or ocean regarded as a resort
Sorry, no etymologies found.