from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A harbor or town having facilities for seagoing ships.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A town or harbour with facilities for seagoing ships to dock and take on or discharge cargo.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A port on the seashore, or one accessible for seagoing vessels. Also used adjectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A port or harbor on the sea.
- n. A city or town situated on a harbor, on or near the sea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sheltered port where ships can take on or discharge cargo
See sea and port (Wiktionary)