American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who specializes in astronomy.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is versed in astronomy; a scientific observer of the stars; a student of the laws of the heavenly bodies, or the principles by which their motions are regulated, with their various phenomena.
- n. One who studies astronomy, the stars or the physical universe; a scientist whose area of research is astronomy or astrophysics
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. obsolete An astrologer.
- n. One who is versed in astronomy; one who has a knowledge of the laws of the heavenly orbs, or the principles by which their motions are regulated, with their various phenomena.
- n. a physicist who studies astronomy
- From astronomy + -er. (Wiktionary)
“One such amateur astronomer is Caroline Moore, who, at age 14, was the youngest person to ever discover a supernova.”
“I can never remember ... you know, the thin astronomer?”
“A Chinese astronomer from the University of St Andrews has fine-tuned Einstein's groundbreaking theory of gravity, creating a 'simple' theory which could solve a dark mystery that has baffled astrophysicists for three-quarters of a century.”
“Happily, Alfar's story of an obsessed woman trying to get the attention of the local astronomer is less convoluted and easy to follow than Marquez's story.”
“We are sometimes apt to identify the idea of an astronomer with that of a man who looks through a telescope at the stars; but the word astronomer has really much wider significance.”
“Christopher Go, another amateur astronomer from the Philippines, then independently photographed and videoed Friday’s incident.”
“MikeGene: The crucial point is this: Just because an astronomer is an expert at using the telescope does NOT mean the astronomer is an expert when it comes to appropriate policies.”
“The crucial point is this: Just because an astronomer is an expert at using the telescope does NOT mean the astronomer is an expert when it comes to appropriate policies.”
“Per the unanswered ones, I? ll paraphrase astronomer Carl Sager who said?”
“I recall reading that he had made several important observations as an astronomer, which is why he was considered a leading light.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘astronomer’.
species, sex, age bracket, occupation, hobby .. etc.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Words that describe my personality.
Looking for tweets for astronomer.