from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- MountLangley A peak, 4,227.9 m (14,026 ft) high, in the Sierra Nevada of southern California.
- Langley, Samuel Pierpoint 1834-1906. American astronomer and aviation pioneer who built the first successful heavier-than-air flying machines. He directed the Smithsonian Institution from 1887 to 1906.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English surname.
- proper n. An unincorporated community in the census-designated place of McLean in Fairfax County, Virginia, United States.
- proper n. A metronym for the Central Intelligence Agency, whose headquarters is located in Langley, Virginia.
- proper n. A district municipality in southwestern British Columbia, Canada.
- proper n. A town in England.
- proper n. A lunar crater located close to the northwestern limb of the Moon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unit of solar radiation
- n. United States astronomer and aviation pioneer who invented the bolometer and contributed to the design of early aircraft (1834-1906)
A habitational name from any of the numerous places named with Old English lang ("long") + lēah ("wood" or "glade"). (Wiktionary)