American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- MountLangley A peak, 4,227.9 m (14,026 ft) high, in the Sierra Nevada of southern California.
- Langley, Samuel Pierpoint 1834-1906. American astronomer and aviation pioneer who built the first successful heavier-than-air flying machines. He directed the Smithsonian Institution from 1887 to 1906.
- n. An English surname.
- n. An unincorporated community in the census-designated place of McLean in Fairfax County, Virginia, United States.
- n. A metronym for the Central Intelligence Agency, whose headquarters is located in Langley, Virginia.
- n. A district municipality in southwestern British Columbia, Canada.
- n. A town in England.
- n. A lunar crater located close to the northwestern limb of the Moon.
- n. unit of solar radiation
- n. United States astronomer and aviation pioneer who invented the bolometer and contributed to the design of early aircraft (1834-1906)
- A habitational name from any of the numerous places named with Old English lang ("long") + lēah ("wood" or "glade"). (Wiktionary)
“LANGLEY (NEWS1130) - Langley RCMP say they have identified the truck -- and possibly the driver -- responsible for a hit-and-run on Monday which left a homeless man dead.”
“LANGLEY (NEWS1130) - Three men were arrested and released following a jewelry store robbery at Willowbrook Mall in Langley last night.”
“LANGLEY (NEWS1130) - Firefighters in Langley have let a barn fire burn itself out.”
“LANGLEY, B.C. - The common-law wife of a man who died after crashing through the window of a Langley home and being jolted by an RCMP Taser is facing a charge of armed robbery.”
“LANGLEY (NEWS1130) - The RCMP's Border Integrity Unit is in Langley this afternoon investigating a possible fraud ring.”
“LANGLEY (NEWS1130) - An explosives unit will be in a Langley townhouse unit for the rest of the day, investigating an explosion which injured a 39-year-old man this morning.”
“LANGLEY (NEWS1130) - Langley RCMP say a drive by shooting in their city last night was more then likely a case of mistaken identity.”
“LANGLEY (NEWS1130) - There are still many unanswered questions into yesterday's deadly accident at a mushroom farm in Langley.”
“LANGLEY (NEWS1130) - RCMP in Langley have seized nearly 2,000 pounds of marijuana after a drug bust Tuesday at a rural property on 240th Street.”
“The wikipedia entry cited above points out that the CIA HQ in Langley is named after GHWB even though officially he was only employed as its director (supposedly with no past intel background) for 10 days less than a year during the caretaker presidency of Gerald Ford!”
‘Langley’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Langley.