American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of northeast Massachusetts on the Merrimack River northwest of Boston. Settled in 1653, it was once a major textile center and now has diversified industries. Population: 103,000.
- Lowell, Abbott Lawrence 1856-1943. American educator and president (1909-1933) of Harvard University. He wrote Essays on Government (1889) and Conflicts of Principle (1932).
- Lowell, Amy 1874-1925. American poet. A leader of the imagists, she wrote several volumes of poetry, including Sword Blades and Poppy Seed (1914).
- Lowell, James Russell 1819-1891. American editor, poet, and diplomat. He edited the Atlantic Monthly (1857-1861) and served as U.S. minister to Spain (1877-1880) and Great Britain (1880-1885).
- Lowell, Percival 1855-1916. American astronomer. He founded the Lowell Observatory in Arizona (1894), where his studies of Mars led him to believe that the planet was inhabited.
- Lowell, Robert Traill Spence, Jr. 1917-1977. American poet whose works include Life Studies (1959) and The Dolphin (1973), for which he won a Pulitzer Prize.
- n. United States educator and president of Harvard University (1856-1943)
- n. United States astronomer whose studies of Mars led him to conclude that Mars was inhabited (1855-1916)
- n. United States poet (1917-1977)
- n. United States poet (1874-1925)
“From 1840 to 1849 the mill girls of Lowell edited the _Lowell Offering_.”
“Performing at the lowell memorial Auditorium in Lowell, Massachusetts”
WN.com - Articles related to Rod Essig, Marty Robbins, Don Schlitz, Mel Tillis, Keith Urban, Cindy Walker, and 'Crazy Heart' Announced as Off-Camera Winners for the 45th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards
“LOWELL - Howard and Sue Dutton of 700 Laurel Ridge Road, Lowell, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on April 5.”
“LOWELL - Nearly fiv5e consecutive miles of the Catamount Trail are now protected in Lowell.”
“That's laughable, given your obvious grammatical gifts. any place in lowell is a dive to eat in. from dunkin donuts to the cobblestone. they all hire the trash from lowell and these uneducated losers can't do anything except get stoned or sell drugs. i say level the whole city and leave it. no matter how much wax you put on crap it never will shine There are a lot of educated Americans that don't smoke dope, and take pride in what they do in Lowell.”
“The Remonstrants would also add, that so far as they know and believe, "_there never can be a sufficient inducement to extend a railroad from Lowell westwardly and northwestwardly, to the Connecticut, so as to make it the great avenue to and from the interior, but that its termination must be at Lowell_" (italics our own), "and, consequently that it is to be”
“Joe from Lowell is such a good public teacher he spends the majority of his day on the internets playing bully and running interference for Obama.”
“Joe from Lowell is a party hack and he follows people around hectoring them if they are too tough on Obama.”
‘Lowell’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Lowell.