American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A nearly level area at the bottom of an undrained desert basin, sometimes temporarily covered with water.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In geology, a general name for various desiccated lake-basins in the Western States.
- n. In geology, a general name for the plain of silt or mud that marks the bottom of a desiccated lake-basin in the western United States.
- n. a level spot temporarily covered with water which subsequently becomes dry by evaporation; an alkali flat or salt pan.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A beach; a strand; in the plains and deserts of Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona, a broad, level spot, on which subsequently becomes dry by evaporation.
- Spanish, from Late Latin plagia, hillside, shoreline, probably from Greek, sides, from neuter pl. of plagios, oblique, sideways; see plagio-. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Shortcut looking for long term rental in playa del carmen”
“Re: [PamelaDelafield] looking for long term rental in playa del carmen”
“MexConnect. com Forums: Areas: Southern Mexico: looking for long term rental in playa del carmen”
“Re: [expatwannabe] looking for long term rental in playa del carmen”
“Re: [BBVA Marce] looking for long term rental in playa del carmen”
“A body of water which is not permanent, but comes and goes with the seasons, we call a playa lake.”
“He would be a bit of a skunk, perhaps, but in the schism of high society, he would also be known as a playa, and his peers and fans would wink and throw him High Fives.”
“At least four energy companies are interested in building on the playa, which is near the energy grid, City Manager Vicki Mayes said.”
“It's like Hillary calling Obama a "playa" who doesn't care about laid off white people.”
“The greedy city council couldn’t give a crap about many people opposed to this new development called playa vista.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘playa’.
A Cyclopedia of Landforms.
random gangster lingo and street slang with extra absurdities.
( open list, randomness )
Soil samples for stone soup.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
thunderfuck, incredible, merp, sara, flopparoo, smother, fugly, buer, plum, canny, nefelibata, cuntbucket and 2411 more...
Despite seven years of classes and being half-Puerto Rican.
Planetary chaos: terrain, landscape and geology excluding rocks. (See "the geologist" list for the latter.)
all kinds of scapes
names for types of wetlands
Looking for tweets for playa.