from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large, grassy, almost treeless plain, especially one in Latin America.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plain or steppe in parts of Latin America.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An extensive plain with or without vegetation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In some of the Spanish or originally Spanish parts of America, a treeless level steppe or plain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an extensive grassy and nearly treeless plain (especially in Latin America)
Spanish, plain, from Latin plānum, from neuter of plānus, level; see pelə-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Spanish llano. (Wiktionary)