from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The grass or other vegetation eaten by grazing animals.
- n. Land covered with grass or vegetation suitable for grazing animals.
- n. The business of grazing cattle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pasture; land that is used for pasture.
- n. The grass or other vegetation eaten by livestock and found in a pasture.
- n. The right to graze livestock on a pasture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Grazing ground; grass land used for pasturing; pasture.
- n. Grass growing for feed; grazing.
- n. The business of feeding or grazing cattle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The business of feeding or grazing cattle; pastoral occupation.
- n. Grazingground; land appropriated to grazing.
- n. Grass on which cattle or flocks feed.
- n. In Scots law, the right of pasturing cattle on certain ground.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. succulent herbaceous vegetation of pasture land
- n. bulky food like grass or hay for browsing or grazing horses or cattle
Sorry, no etymologies found.