from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Ground planted with cultivated grapevines.
- n. A sphere of spiritual, mental, or physical endeavor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A grape plantation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An inclosure or yard for grapevines; a plantation of vines producing grapes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plantation of grape-vines; literally, an inclosure or yard for vines.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a farm of grapevines where wine grapes are produced
vine + yard (Wiktionary)