from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place to live in; an abode.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A habitation; a place or house in which a person lives; abode; domicile.
- v. Present participle of dwell.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Habitation; place or house in which a person lives; abode; domicile.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Delay.
- n. Continuance; stay; sojourn.
- n. Habitation; residence; abode; lodgment.
- n. A place of residence or abode; an abiding-place; specifically, a house for residence; a dwelling-house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. housing that someone is living in
Sorry, no etymologies found.