from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Possession or occupancy of lands, buildings, or other property by title, under a lease, or on payment of rent.
- n. The period of a tenant's occupancy or possession.
- n. A habitation held or occupied by a tenant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The occupancy of property etc, under a lease, or by paying rent.
- n. The period of occupancy by a tenant.
- n. The property occupied by a tenant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A holding, or a mode of holding, an estate; tenure; the temporary possession of what belongs to another.
- n. A house for habitation, or place to live in, held of another.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In low: A holding by private ownership; estate; tenure: as. tenancy in fee simple; tenancy in tail.
- n. A habitation or dwelling-place held of another.
- n. The period during which lands or tenements are held or occupied by a tenant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an act of being a tenant or occupant
Sorry, no etymologies found.