from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To sublet (property).
- transitive v. To rent (property) under a sublease.
- n. A lease of property granted by a lessee.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lease on something made by someone who already leases it.
- v. To lease something that is already leased; to sublet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A lease by a tenant or lessee to another person; an underlease.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In law, an under-lease; a lease granted by one who is himself a lessee or tenant.
- To underlease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. lease or rent all or part of (a leased or rented property) to another person
- n. a lease from one lessee to another
sub- + lease (Wiktionary)