from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The fact or condition of holding property by lease.
- n. Property held by lease.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The tenure of property held by a lessee under a lease
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Held by lease.
- n. A tenure by lease; specifically, land held as personalty under a lease for years.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tenure by lease; real estate held under a lease.
- Held by lease: as, a leasehold tenement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. land or property held under a lease
Sorry, no etymologies found.