from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that lets property under a lease.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The owner of property that is leased.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who leases; the person who lets to farm, or gives a lease.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who grants a lease; the person who lets to a tenant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who grants a lease
Middle English lessour, from Anglo-Norman, from lesser, to let out, lease; see lease.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)