from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that suppresses: a suppressor of free speech.
- n. A gene that suppresses the phenotypic expression of another gene, especially of a mutant gene.
- n. A device, such as a resistor or grid, that is used in an electrical or electronic system to reduce unwanted currents.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device which suppresses something, especially an electronic or mechanical device.
- n. A person who suppresses others, a tyrant.
- n. A gene that suppresses the effect of another through epistasis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who suppresses.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who suppresses, crushes, or quells; one who represses, checks, or stifles; one who conceals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who suppresses
- n. a gene that suppresses the phenotypic expression of another gene (especially of a mutant gene)
- n. an electrical device for suppressing unwanted currents
Sorry, no etymologies found.