American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A room or suite of rooms designed as a residence and generally located in a building occupied by more than one household.
- n. An apartment house: a row of high-rise apartments.
- n. A room.
- n. Chiefly British A suite of rooms within a larger building set aside for a particular purpose or person.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A room in a building; a division in a house separated from others by partitions.
- n. plural A suite or set of rooms; specifically, a suite of rooms assigned to the use of a particular person, party, or family.
- n. A flat (which see).
- n. 4. A compartment.
- n. A complete domicile occupying only part of a building.
- n. archaic A suite of rooms within a domicile, designated for a specific person or persons and including a bedroom.
- n. obsolete A division of an enclosure that is separate from others; a compartment
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A room in a building; a division in a house, separated from others by partitions.
- n. A set or suite of rooms.
- n. obsolete A compartment.
- n. A room or suite of rooms in a building comprising a dwelling unit separate from others in the building, and typically having its own separate bath, sanitary, and kitchen facilities. Such
apartmentsare in most cases rented from the owner by those dwelling in them.
- n. a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house
- French appartement; compare with Italian appartamento, from appartare ("to separate, set apart"); all from Latin ad + pars 'part'. See apart. (Wiktionary)
- French appartement, from Italian appartamento, from appartare, to separate, from a parte, apart : a, to (from Latin ad-; see ad-) + parte, side (from Latin pars, part-; see part). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Their point of entry must be located within the ensemble of new residents in the title apartment complex.”
“The centerpiece of the apartment is the wooden kitchen which is also half bathroom.”
“This apartment is a great example of red interior design.”
“Posted September 11, 2009 at 6: 23 am | Permalink this apartment is a real paradise & really my dream is to live in one like this & also I like its colors they are all matching together its perfect jujur”
“This apartment is a great example of how you can give a spacious and cosy feeling to a small apartment.”
“Posted July 14, 2009 at 9: 57 am | Permalink this apartment is a dream!!”
“In any case, this apartment is a bit smaller and will hopefully be a bit more intimate.”
“Next thing you know, your apartment is a portal for the undead to enter our realm. 900 sq. ft.”
“The fact that there are no lightbulbs in his apartment is the second thing you notice.”
“Within a 10-15 minute walk of our apartment is a wide selection of restaurants, museums, theaters (including a movie theater), two large mercados, lots of resident serving tiendas (laundromats, hardware stores, etc.) and the drop dead gorgeous cathedral.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘apartment’.
Movies or TV shows where the titles are also common words, generally one-word titles.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
result; product; instrument; means
Very basic words for ESL students.
Stuff you let.
Looking for tweets for apartment.