from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An area planted with pine trees or related conifers, especially for botanical study.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An arboretum, or part of an arboretum or garden, devoted to growing conifers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plantation of pine trees; esp., a collection of living pine trees made for ornamental or scientific purposes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plantation or collection of growing pine-trees of different kinds, especially one designed for ornamental or scientific purposes.
- n. A treatise on the pines: as. Gordon's Pinetum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an area planted with pine trees or related conifers
Latin pīnētum, pine grove, from pīnus, pine; see pine1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin pīnētum ("pine grove") (Wiktionary)