from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, on, or relating to the banks of a natural course of water.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the bank of a river or stream.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the bank of a river.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or situated on the bank of a river.
- In anatomy, of or pertaining to a ripa of the brain; marginal, as a part of the brain.
- n. One who dwells or owns property on the banks of a river.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or located on the banks of a river or stream
From Latin rīpārius, from rīpa, bank.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin rīpārius ("relating to a riverbank") + -an. (Wiktionary)