from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southeast Italy on the Adriatic Sea. Probably founded by Illyrians, it was controlled successively by the Greeks, Romans, Goths, Lombards, Byzantines, Normans, and Venetians and became part of the kingdom of Naples in 1557. Population: 325,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Province of Apulia, Italy.
- proper n. Town, port and capital of Bari and also the capital of Apulia.
- proper n. A Nilotic language of Sudan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That part of a roofing-slate which is exposed to the weather.
- n. A wine grown near Bari, on the Adriatic coast of Italy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast
Abruzzo's wife, Nancy, was in Bari at coast guard headquarters on Friday monitoring the search effort.
To the end of May freed prisoners were transported via Klagenfurt to collecting points in Bari and
Guerrieri is a defense counselor in Bari, Italy, and he's asked to work on the appeal of a man named Fabio Paolicelli, accused of drug smuggling.
Bari is now fallen; Tarentum trembles; Calabria will be delivered; and, if we command the sea, the Island of Sicily may be rescued from the hands of the infidels.
I mean, look, I was with him in Bari, which is the southern Italian city down in Puglia, a week ago for his first trip outside Rome.
My favorite place to shop in Chicago isn’t really a bodega, but a small Italian grocery store called Bari Foods.
According to the people of the upper river the Fán were expelled by the Bati or Batti -- not "Bari" as it has been written-from their ancient seats; and they are still pushing them seawards.
At left is the "Bari" from HearthStone Quality Home Heating Products.
As Bari says, quoting Abraham Lincoln "Whatever you are, be a good one."
In traditional versions of the story it is the epic quest of Bari's journey that is stressed.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.