from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Owing something, such as gratitude, to another; indebted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Obligated to provide, display, or do something for another; bound by moral obligation; indebted; obliged.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Obliged; bound in gratitude; indebted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Obliged; bound in gratitude; indebted; held by obligation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. under a moral obligation to someone
Middle English biholden, past participle of biholden, to observe; see behold.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)