from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Possible to be measured: measurable depths.
- adj. Of distinguished importance; significant: a measurable figure in literature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be measured.
- adj. Of significant importance.
- n. That which can be measured; a metric.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being measured; susceptible of mensuration or computation.
- adj. Moderate; temperate; not excessive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being measured; susceptible of mensuration or computation.
- Moderate; temperate; limited; of small quantity or extent: as, to meet with measurable success.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being measured
- adj. of distinguished importance
Sorry, no etymologies found.