from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of being determined, limited, or fixed: determinable velocities.
- adj. Law Capable of being settled or decided: matters determinable by common law.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be determined or limited
- adj. Able to be decided or settled by law
- n. An attribute of something that is suceptible of determination into various states
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being determined, definitely ascertained, decided upon, or brought to a conclusion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being determined, fixed, or ascertained with certainty; able to be clearly defined or decided upon: as, a determinable quantity; the meaning of Plato's expression is not determinable.
- In law: Subject to premature termination: as, a lease determinable at the option of the lessor.
- Liable to be terminated by a contingency yet uncertain or unknown: as, a determinable fee.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being determined or limited or fixed
Sorry, no etymologies found.