from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be measured: mensurable results in employee performance; a mensurable increase in the cost of oil.
- adj. Having fixed rhythm and measure, as in music; mensural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. measurable
- adj. Having a fixed rhythm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being measured; measurable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being measured; measurable.
- In music, noting that style of music which succeeded the earliest plain-song, and was distinguished from it by such a. combination of simultaneous but independent voice-parts that a system of rhythm was necessitated to avoid confusion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being measured
- adj. having notes of fixed rhythmic value
Sorry, no etymologies found.