from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to measure.
- adj. Music Having notes of fixed rhythmic value.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to measure or measurement.
- adj. Having a fixed rhythm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to measure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to measure.
- Same as mensurable, , in musical notation, a note whose form indicates its time-value relative to other notes in the same piece, as in the ordinary modern notation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to measure
- adj. having notes of fixed rhythmic value
Late Latin mēnsūrālis, from Latin mēnsūra, measure; see measure.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)