American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An office in a hospital, school, or other institution from which medical supplies, preparations, and treatments are dispensed.
- n. A public institution that dispenses medicines or medical aid.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A room or shop in which medicines are dispensed or served out: as, a hospital dispensary.
- n. A public institution, primarily intended for the poor, where medical advice is given and medicines are furnished free, or sometimes for a small charge to those who can afford it.
- n. A place or room where something is dispensed.
- n. A room specifically designed for the dispensing of drugs; a pharmacy.
- n. An institution that dispenses medical supplies and advice.
- n. A place where medical cannabis is sold (marijuana or cannabis dispensary)
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A place where medicines are prepared and dispensed; esp., a place where the poor can obtain medical advice and medicines gratuitously or at a nominal price.
- n. A dispensatory.
- n. clinic where medicine and medical supplies are dispensed
“The main drug dispensary is a highly automated industrial plant.”
“It made it clear that the health education session at the dispensary is not detailed enough (it is really just an introductory session on the absolute basics for women who have never been there before).”
“We took a great trip to a Maternal and Child Health Dispensary today: a dispensary is like an outpatient health clinic that serves a handful of the local villages.”
“There is no blacktop road, no phone facility, no hospital except of a small dispensary, which is also, lack of medicines and no high school or college.”
“Above, we accord lessen Cialis dispensary, which is somewhat effective in dislike than other famous Cheap Discount Viagra Pharmacy On-line Erectile dysfunction Cialis pharmacy online drugs.”
“If the library is to be under the school roof, if dispensary and relief hospital are to be conducted on the same site as the school, shall they be known as dispensary, library, relief bureau, each under separate management, or shall they be known as school under the management of school principal and superintendent?”
“In the centre of the hospital square there are the office buildings, including the dispensary, which is well supplied with medicines, so that in the absence of a doctor, common ailments may be treated by an intelligent English leper.”
“The dispensary, which is hosting a toy drive this season, also has put together a prepackaged $100 gift box that comes up with two marijuana strains, hash, four pot-laced treats, a hemp energy drink imported from Amsterdam and the buyers' choice of an herb grinder, a pipe or a lighter-rolling papers combination.”
“It's just business as usual at Lansing's first official medical marijuana dispensary, which is testing the limits of the state's medicinal marijuana law.”
“Igor Rakuz and Brendan McGann, of the Maine Wellness Group, said the decision to apply to run a dispensary was a personal thing because they are both medical-marijuana patients.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dispensary’.
Words and phrases from Kenneth Oppel's book, Airborn.
Derivatives from Chapter 18 of Part One of English Words from Latin and Greek Elements
Looking for tweets for dispensary.