from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An office in a hospital, school, or other institution from which medical supplies, preparations, and treatments are dispensed.
- n. A public institution that dispenses medicines or medical aid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place or room where something is dispensed.
- n. A room specifically designed for the dispensing of drugs; a pharmacy.
- n. An institution that dispenses medical supplies and advice.
- n. A place where medical cannabis is sold (marijuana or cannabis dispensary)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place where medicines are prepared and dispensed; esp., a place where the poor can obtain medical advice and medicines gratuitously or at a nominal price.
- n. A dispensatory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A room or shop in which medicines are dispensed or served out: as, a hospital dispensary.
- n. A public institution, primarily intended for the poor, where medical advice is given and medicines are furnished free, or sometimes for a small charge to those who can afford it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. clinic where medicine and medical supplies are dispensed
Sorry, no etymologies found.