from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A book in which the contents, preparation, and uses of medicines are described; a pharmacopoeia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A book containing a systematic description of drugs and of preparations made from them.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Granting, or authorized to grant, dispensations.
- n. A book or medicinal formulary containing a systematic description of drugs, and of preparations made from them. It is usually, but not always, distinguished from a pharmacopœia in that it issued by private parties, and not by an official body or by government.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to dispensing; having the power to dispense, or grant dispensations.
- n. A book containing an account of the substances used as medicines, and of their composition, uses, and action; properly, a commentary upon the pharmacopœia.
Sorry, no etymologies found.