from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To walk unsteadily, like a child; to move slowly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To hold up by leading strings or by the hand, as a child while he toddles.
- intransitive v. To walk unsteadily, as a child in leading strings, or just learning to walk; to move slowly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To walk slowly and hesitatingly, like a child in leading-strings; hence, to flow gently.
- To hold up by leading-strings.
Sorry, no etymologies found.