from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A long angry or violent speech, usually of a censorious or denunciatory nature; a diatribe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A long, angry or violent speech; a diatribe
- n. A section of verse concerning a single theme; a laisse
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A declamatory strain or flight of censure or abuse; a rambling invective; an oration or harangue abounding in censorious and bitter language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A long-drawn passage in speech or writing; an uninterrupted sequence of expression or declamation on a single theme, as in poetry, the drama, or conversation.
- n. In specific English use, a long vehement speech; an outpour of vituperation or censure.
- n. In music, a diatonic run or slide inserted between two tones that are separated by a considerable interval, producing a kind of portamento effect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a speech of violent denunciation
WORDS ACCENTED ON THE LAST SYLLABLE: address _address'_ adept _adept'_ adult _adult'_ ally _ally'_ commandant _commandänt '(ä as in arm) _ contour _contour'_ dessert _dessert'_ dilate _dilate'_ excise _eksiz'_ finance _finance'_ grimace _grimace'_ importune _importune'_ occult _occult'_ pretence _pretence'_ research _research'_ robust _robust'_ romance _romance'_ tirade _tirade'_
Zimbabwe by threatening what it called a tirade of bad publicity over Blair's departure.
Can't Post | Private Reply ncferret, The basic problem with your lengthy tirade is that an FM-3 IS a resident visa.
While Christian Bale's recent F-Bomb tirade is making headlines, Wired lists The Top 10 Celebrity Rants Caught on Tape, a listt hat includes ...
But what it's really amazing at is taking today's news and remixing it while it's still today's news — like, oh, let's say, the f-bomb-tastic Christian Bale tirade from the set of "Terminator: Salvation" that has been lighting things up over the past 24 hours.
Silva blasted the leaders in the northern hemisphere in a name calling tirade at the sparsely attended summit of Amazon nations before Copenhagen.
Because if they started winning right away -- right after the latest Steinbrenner tirade, that is -- it would only convince "The Boss" that he was responsible for the turnaround and deserved all the credit for it, no matter the actual cause.
Forty years ago Dr. Laura could have gone on her N-word tirade with no one batting an eye.
Oh, and Michael Richard's n-word tirade is a little different than Robert Duvall's simply being a Republican.
Open in September, calling the tirade, quote, "a major offense", grand slam officials threatened to bar Williams from future U.S.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.