from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of vituperating; abusive censure.
- n. Sustained, harshly abusive language; invective.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Criticism or invective which is sustained and considered to be overly harsh; the act of vituperating; abuse; severe censure; blame.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of vituperating; abuse; severe censure; blame.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of vituperating; censure with abusive terms; abuse; railing.
- n. Synonyms Objurgation, scolding, reviling, upbraiding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. abusive or venomous language used to express blame or censure or bitter deep-seated ill will
From Latin vituperatio. (Wiktionary)