from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Foul, abusive language.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. profane, abusive language; coarse words
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A market near the Billings gate in London, celebrated for fish and foul language.
- n. Coarsely abusive, foul, or profane language; vituperation; ribaldry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Profane or scurrilous language or abuse; blackguardism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. foul-mouthed or obscene abuse
After Billingsgate, a former fish market in London, England.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the London, England fishmarket Billingsgate (Wiktionary)