American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of third quality or value, especially of less quality or value than second-rate.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the third rate or order. For the specific naval use, see rate, n., 8.
- Hence Of a distinctly inferior rank, grade, or quality: as, a third-rate hotel; a third-rate actor.
- n. military, nautical, historical a sailing warship that can be described with the adjective "third-rate"
- adj. of lesser value or quality than second-rate
- adj. military, nautical, historical describing a British ship-of-the-line with 64 to 80 guns divided onto two gun decks.
- adj. of lesser quality than second-rate
“The guy she’s going to couldn’t even be called third-rate.”
“Which is essentially a way of saying that from here on out New York State is going to be just another third-rate state, offering poor services, mediocre schools, and a continually collapsing infrastructure.”
“The accusations of dirty tricks and sabotaging of political enemies at the Nixon White House that culminates in a "third-rate burglary" at the Watergate Hotel.”
“Nobody cares about Jango Fett because he's just a third-rate Boba.”
“You think Spielberg would only have a rattletrap third-rate spaceship like the Millennium Falcon to ensure his survival?”
“Was I doomed to a life of misery, having cheap sex in third-rate motels and cars?”
“Rick went on to a third-rate medical school in the Caribbean when none of the U.S. schools would have him, and Carl turned into a sadistic U.S. Marshall.”
“They dismissed him as "a third-rate Western lawyer" and an "illiterate partisan" compared with heavyweights like New York's William Seward and Ohio's Salmon P. Chase.”
“Computer-owning, would-be Renaissance hitmen can now sate their unseemly urges with the release of Assassin's Creed: Revelations on PC …The accurately named World Of Tanks puts you behind the controls of dozens of real and customisably absurd metal war machines …Puss In Boots, the Shrek spin-off, gives rise to a third-rate console game and Now!”
“At the height of the exchange, Renan accused Tasso of being a “shitty colonel” and Tasso, fighting back, accused Renan of being a “third-rate bandit.””
‘third-rate’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for third-rate.